Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Should-You-Fear-Hell - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Should-You-Fear-Hell > Topics

Subject: Should You Fear Hell?
Replies: 8 Views: 858

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 02:14am
WHAT image does the word hell conjure up in your mind? Do you see hell as a literal place of fire and brimstone, of unending torment and anguish?
For centuries, a fiery hell of excruciating torments has been envisioned by religious leaders of Christendom as the certain destiny for sinners

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 02:15am
GERTRUDE, a Pentecostal preacher, held firmly to her belief in a fiery hell. The very suggestion that there might not be any such place offended her sense of justice. She reasoned that without the fires of hell, all sorts of horrible crimes would go unpunished. Gertrude remained adamant in her position. As she put it, ''I dont think that Id want to worship God if there were no hellfire for the wicked.'' *

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 02:16am
If hell is a place of torment, you certainly should fear it. But, if this teaching is not true, religious leaders who teach the doctrine create confusion and cause needless mental anguish to those who believe them. They also defame God.

Wot does the Bible say on this subject? In the topics of this forum I have used both catholic and protestant Bible translations to answer 3 questions.
1. Wot happens to a person at death?
2. Wot did Jesus teach about hell?
3. How can learning the truth about hell affect you?

carla48 2.04.11 - 12:13pm
In Rev.21:8. We read. But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. Which is the second death. 2peter 3:10. But the day of the Lord will come like a theif, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise. And the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up. Matt. 24:41. Then he will say to those at his left hand, depart from me! You cursed into the eternal fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. Can you please explain these passages of scriptures? *

carla48 2.04.11 - 12:24pm
Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels, but the wicked ones will be destroyed there as well. Thus putting an end to wickedness. Then the righteous ones will enjoy everlasting life. *

unquiet1 2.04.11 - 06:02pm
Revelation 21:8 talks about lake of fire. Read bout it in the topic Wot is The Lake Of Fire *

unquiet1 2.04.11 - 06:45pm
Regarding 2peter 3:10.
read Isaiah 65:17 Jehovah says.. ''Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth.''(NIV)

2 Peter 3:10 says.. ''Jehovah's day will come..'' and then wot happens..?... ''and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.'' (English Standard Version)

Now have a look at wot John sees in Revelations 21:1...
''Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away..'' (NIV) *

unquiet1 2.04.11 - 07:05pm
2 Peter 3:10 is about the new heavens a new earth.... if you read the verses that follow...Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire*, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. - 2 Peter 3:11-13(NIV)

new heavens = a new heavenly government over mankind
new earth = a righteous human society *

unquiet1 2.04.11 - 07:14pm
Matthew 24:41 ''Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.''(NIV) i dont understand wot to explain there *

* Should-You-Fear-Hell Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Should-You-Fear-Hell

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits