Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Should-You-Fear-Hell - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Should-You-Fear-Hell > Topics

Subject: Wot is 'HELL' translated from
Replies: 8 Views: 635

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:22am
Translators have allowed their personal beliefs to colour their work instead me being consistent in their rendering of original-language words. Why? Because they associated the pagan-inspired notion of an afterlife of fiery judgement for the wicked with the physical fire in the valley outside Jerusalem. *

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:24am
I think most readers realize that Jesus did not speak Archaic King James English. And most also realize that the King James Bible is not the one that the Apostles used. There were no 'bibles' during Christ's ministry; there were only the Hebrew Scriptures, and a popular Greek translation of those Hebrew Scriptures called the Septuagint. the Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament) was not even written until near the end of the first century, and was not put into book form untill much later, and was not printed until many centuries later.

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:24am
The word ''hell'' is an Old English word that was used to translate several words found in the Hebrew and Greek m cripts. What words? And why did they choose to use the Old English word ''hell'' as a translation? We shall see that it had absolutely nothing to do with scholarship, but everything to do with forcing pagan religion into the teachings of Jesus Christ. You dont have to take my word for it; you will be able to judge for yourself as we go through it.

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:27am
Here are the words for which 'hell' was inserted as a 'translation' into English:

The Hebrew word sheol (31 times)

The Greek word gehenna (12 times)

The Greek word hades (10 times)

The Greek word tartarus (1 time)

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:29am
Every time the word 'hell' is found in the King James Bible it is translated from one of these four words. We find the word ''hell'' 31 times in the KJV Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) and 23 times in the KJV Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament) for a total of 54 times. Later we will look at all 54 verses containing the word ''hell,'' plus the 31 times that sheol is translated as ''grave.''

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:35am
Listen to what I am about to say very very carefully: If the word 'hell' is the most accurate and correct English word available to translate, the Hebrew word sheol, and the Greek words gehenna, hades, and tartartus, then these four words must all have the same meaning. But in reality only two of these four words have the same meaning.

The Hebrew word sheol and the Greek word hades are synonymous in meaning.

And here is the proof from the Scriptures and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that the Hebrew sheol and the Greek hades are identical in meaning:

Acts 2:27: ''Because You will not leave My soul in HELL [Gk: hades], neither will You suffer your Holy One to see corruption'' is quoted from:

Psalm 16:10: ''For You will not leave My soul in HELL [Heb: sheol]; neither will You suffer your Holy One to see corruption.''

And so the inspiration of the Spirit of God proves that the Greek word hades is the right and proper translation of the Hebrew word sheol. *

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:39am
We know for a fact that the Hebrew word SHEOL is translated 'hell' 31 times in the KJV of the Bible. But BUT, we also know for a fact that the same Hebrew word sheol is translated 'grave' 31 times in the KJV Bible.

Why is this?
Why should this be?

Why is there a 50/50 split on the translation of this word?

Ask any priest or your pastor if the words 'grave' and 'hell' mean the very same thing in the Bible, and see what they will say. They will tell you, NO, that they are NOT the same, that they are very much different.

Then I have a question for them all: 'Why, oh, why then are both ''hell'' and ''grave'' translations of the very same Hebrew word, ''sheol''? Which should it be?

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:40am
And let me frankly state that neither will their ''context, context, context'' theory solve this dilemma for them. It will take wholesale lying and deception to extricate them out of this theological box---or maybe I should say, ''can of worms.'' Not only is there absolutely no justifiable reason to translate sheol 31 times as 'hell,' but there is no justifiable reason to translate this word as hell, not even once! *

unquiet1 31.03.11 - 01:43am
because both sheol and hades refer to THE COMMON GRAVE of mankind. Bible hell means the grave. thats why upright ppl go to Bible hell (Jesus and Job). but Bible hell is different from the hellfire torment taught by Christendom

And although no one desires to go to sheol [the grave]; that is no one desires to DIE, but nonetheless, it is a safe place to be while we await resurrection. Nothing can harm us there. There is no fear or darkness there, because there is NO PERCEPTION THERE. Sheol is truly like a deep, sound SLEEP, from which we will be woken up in the morning. *

* Should-You-Fear-Hell Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Should-You-Fear-Hell

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits